Monday, December 22, 2008

Sledding at Mt. Chinguacousy

This afternoon I took the girls sledding at Mt. Chinguacousy. As Alpine as that may sound, the mountain (hill???) is probably man made for the pure purpose of winter recreational sports.

The girls got new smaller sleds with a slightly elevated seating area and just the two runners contacting the surface. I factored this into my calculations when buying the sled and estimated that they would be fast.

Boy were they fast. They were the fastest on the slope, beating all the other sleds by a wide margin. And I already have plans on pimping them out for more speed. 

An hour and a half later and my feet were freezing, but the girls were still not willing to get off the slopes.

Here are some pics taken at the end of the day.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my plans for the 26th.... will call and get more details from you. Wanna join us .... bet the girls want to.

Unknown said...

Apparently I'm supposed to take Lynda to the Boxing Day sales on the 26th!! But it still sounds like a great idea. Where you want to go sledding???

Related Posts with Thumbnails