In my build diary part 15, I mentioned that the shed was 100% complete. I was wrong. Well - sort of. The construction phase was done - I just did not have any electricity for the lights and power tools.
I wanted to avoid hard wiring the shed into the house circuit as this would necessitate a permit from City Hall and I really did not want to go down this route. To circumvent this, I decided to treat the entire shed as an appliance that could be plugged in as and when needed.
Confusing so far??? Simple really.
A trim to the restore garnered me a Panel Mount Inlet Kit for a Dollar (these normally cost upwards of 50.00)
Panel Mount Inlet 0.50$
Cable Mount Socket 0.50$
Using that as my starting point, I wired it up to a 3 way J Box with two switches and one double socket. The light switches control the inside and outside lights.
Both switches and sockets are salvaged
From there I went to a 2 way J Box housing a switch and a double socket. The switch controls the double tube fitting above the work table. The socket is for my Radio.
Also salvaged. Who has brown switches????
Picked this up at a Garage Sale for 2.00$. Fully functional.
In addition to the switches and sockets that were salvaged from various replacements that I had done throughout the house, I also used wiring that I had pulled out from all over the place. The 3' fluorescent fitting at the entrance was from the ReStore @ 5.00$. I got the 4' double tube fitting while taking a walk with the kids and Lynda at Professor's Lake. The fitting was left on the kerb and was BNIB (brand new in the box) complete with fluorescent tubes.
I manged to get everything done and get the shed back to some semblance of order.
So - the shed is still not 100% done as I have yet to build the pegboards to hold my hand tools.