Monday, February 26, 2007

Necessity is the Mother of Invention!!


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

I took up the Clarinet earlier this year just to see if I could actually carry a tune.

I can!!!!

Anyways, the practice CD required me to click the play button to get the midi file started. Then a quick juggle of the clarinet to get my fingers in place before the track started.

This was so not working out. I needed to come up with something that allowed me to activate the left mouse button without removing my fingers from the Clarinet.

Why not a Foot Switch?????

I cannibalized one of the many spare USB mice that I have lying in my box of wires, a foot switch from my unused Table Saw and some spare cable from other damaged components.

Now all I have to do is position the cursor using the regular mouse and step on the foot switch to activate.

It's a good thing!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You bet it is Martha...you bet it is! I think a patent is in order?

Unknown said...

Martha ain't got nothing on me!!!!!!

Dinesh Alexander D'Souza said...

It is a good thing that you are not learning the drums. Because if you were, then you'd have to call your invention the 'middle foot switch'

Related Posts with Thumbnails