On the 13th I finally started work on the Washroom. Mike from Cardinal plumbing came over and we reviewed the plans.
First we removed the Concrete sink that weighed over 300 pounds and installed a standpipe directly into the watertrap of the old sink. We then moved the faucets of the washer beyond the proposed wall line of the new washroom.
Mike had kindly donated his sledehammer and pickaxe to do the breaking of the concrete and the digging.
On the 17th, I broke the sink apart and moved it outside for future disposal at the Brampton Civic Dump. I then broke the floor with the sledgehammer to get the trench started. We have a cleanout close to the basement drain into which we plan to run the drains from the toilet as well as the shower.
This morning while digging, I hit water. This was not suposed to happen as the cleanout should lead directly into the main drain and out to the street. Anyways, Mike will be here tomorrow to have a look and advise what is to be done next.
More to follow.
300 lb sink proved no match for 50 lb Hammer
Looking into where the washroom will be. The shower tray is standing in the corner.
Same corner - different view